Saturday 25 February 2012

Recent Buys #2


Yesterday I mentioned this dress from ASDA. I have a few interviews coming up for jobs, and I thought this dress is smart but shows that I have personality as well, as the jobs I'm going for are more creative roles. The print on  the dress is a floral/poppy print. I really like it, but like I said yesterday I don't think it's to everyone's taste. As well as this one there is a black spotty print too. But I already have a black spotted shirt dress from ASDA in a chiffon material, and whilst I'm an advocate for 'if you like it, buy it' I thought I'd be a bit more daring. The fit on this dress is lovely too. I sized down to an 18 and there is still a lot of room around the bust ;) and belly, which is surprising as the dress has no give in it at all.

To go with the dress for interviews I bought this smart jumper from H&M. The knit is very fine and it is quite a thin piece, but again its a great fit and long enough for me to belt it over the dress. I do have other black similar jumpers from H&M but the wool is so plucked. I need one of those machines that pluck all the bobbles off the wool to make it look new again. I've had a look online but I don't know the exact name of it so I'm not getting the greatest searches back. If anyone knows the exact name I'd love to try it out?

Anyway, sorry there isn't much to report back on but I'm trying to save moneys until I have a steady income (a boo hoo for my wardrobe). I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! 

Gem xo





2 comments:

  1. they're called Depilling machines! :)
    I love the print, I think it's wonderful to wear to an interview, good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice dress from asda, good luck with your interview x

    ReplyDelete