Thursday 5 April 2012

Dark Side.

Hello again!

I thought as it's April, and Spring I'd show you this floral dress again. But with it being the center of the outfit. I'll probably show it you again over summer as I have lots of different ways to wear it.  

I wore this out to dinner with my mother. We went to one of our favourite places called The Fiddler i'th Bag. Its a little old pub down some country lanes not far from our house. Inside the pub, the owners have collected lots and lots of old things including uniforms from the different wars. Old books, new books, old toys and cuddly animals. It has older music playing as well, songs from the First World War. It has so much character, and my favourite thing about it is the abundance of old photos. I'd love to know the stories behind all the old photos. It helps that I got my nosiness from my Mother, so it's nice to go together. I never take any photos when I'm there as it's small and there are people eating, but next time I'll go I will bravely take some to show you why I love it so much, even if I piss 'the locals' off. I forgot to mention, the food is blinding!

Anyway, back to the outfit! I love this tea dress, it's quite lightweight and nice for summer too. I've been looking for a summery jacket, and I love my black. This is a shirt I've worn before, but I think it works as a light jacket for spring/summer, and a great cover up, as it doesn't take anything away or cover up an outfit. The tea dress works really well for summer pub lunches. The dress has little floaty sleeves too which add another pretty edge. I usually belt it but I left it floaty here, meant I could eat more as it hid my belly! What a positive.
To try the clashing print trend myself a little bit I popped this animal print loafers on. I'm not sure if it works or not, but it certainly beats wearing my stinky boots again! Is it bad that I quite like the two prints together? As I mentioned before the sheer shirt looks lovely over the print of the dress.

Did you play any April Fools pranks on anyone!? I meant to ask in my last post but got distracted.

Dress - Evans
Shirt - Peacocks
Tights - Tesco
Pumps - Dorothy Perkins
Necklace - Market Stall

Gem xo

2 comments:

  1. I love that outfit, you look gorgeous xox

    http://foreverfabulousinbows.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete