Friday 12 October 2012

Maroon

Good evening :) I hope everyone is well. I just wanted to show you this outfit. This has become my quick go to outfit for my days off when it's cold. A thick jumper and a pencil skirt. I didn't think I'd be able to pull off the pencil skirt, but I've been seeing them everywhere this season, they're a big trend, and I think they're a really nice shape. They look sophisticated and more grown up, and they make an outfit seem alot chic'er (sorry about that word) and smoother which is something I've been wanting to pull off more and more recently. I wear mine knee length or just to midi length, and prefer a stretchy ponte, or jersey type material so I feel comfortable. I really do want to buy some brighter coloured ones now, like the other maroon one I have. I bought this jumper last year in a Primark sale and it's the first time I've got to wear it really. I'm really glad I picked it up, I love the colour and it will look really cute over a button down shirt and slim pants for the office when it gets very chilly. These are my new boots, I need to devote a whole post to them so I won't spend too much time on them now, but they really are the perfect boot for me. I'm just including the photo below so you can see the real colour of the jumper a lot more. I'm heading to blackpool tomorrow for our annual family outing to see the lights, but just me and my mum can go this year, which is good and I'll get to actually have a shop. I'll try and take an outfit photo if I don't feel too self conscious in front of the tower! I'll probably bail out though truth be told!

Jumper -Primark
Skirt - ASOS Curve
Necklace - Primark
Boots - ASOS
Tights - Tesco

Gem xo


2 comments:

  1. This is such a great outfit. After seeing you rocking a pencil skirt on one of your posts you inspired me to try one myself and I'm so glad I did. I tend to wear mine with a peplum but this looks so great with a jumper :)

    xx

    wearenouvellevague

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit, perfect for Autumn! It's so simple yet chic!

    ReplyDelete