Wednesday 30 January 2013

Liebster Award


So I was struggling with today's post really. I have a cookery post but I didn't really fancy doing that, but when the lovely Gail over at Gaily Gumdrops tagged me in the Liebster blog award, I thought I would do this. Share a bit more information about myself (maybe not very interesting I must add but never mind!) Go check Gail out at her blog, which I've linked above, her blog is so well written and she always writes such interesting posts. From her post I found out we shared a secret love of One Direction. Although if you ask me outright, I will vehemently deny it! Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading these posts because I always do. I'm terribly nosey, so finding new bits of information out about people is always fun! On with the show, as they say.

These are the rules...
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Ask 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 9 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each blogger's page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.

 11 random facts about me.
I studied Media and television studies at University, and I worked in the industry for a little bit for BBC Radio and Channel 4 but I didn't follow it as I don't think I'm good enough to work in the industry.

I currently work in a bank. The main reason I continue to work there is because I've met some of the funniest, weirdest, loveliest people ever there. 

I love books that make you cry. My favourite book is called 'The Five People You Meet in Heaven' by Mitch Alborn.

I don't wear any foundation. I hate the feel of it on my skin and I've never used a foundation that hasn't made me break out. I stick to concealer and a tiny bit of tinted moisturiser.

It took my 3 years to learn to drive, and I'm still not sure why the gentleman passed me. Pretty sure my instructor tipped him.

I am such a massive fan of Beyonce. She's my celebrity lady crush! So much so, that it's a tad creepy. (I'll leave this one there).

I broke my arm when I was in Primary school, during Sports day. They made us run in the pouring rain and I slipped. I had to have pins in my arm and I have two scars on my wrist.

I'm currently saving up money to go travelling. I'd like to go around Europe, and then to India, some places in Africa and South America too if I have the funds. If anyone would like to sponsor an around the world trip for me, I reckon that'd be fine... Anybody?

My favourite TV programme is Miranda, not sure why (maybe it's my extreme awkwardness) but I relate to it a lot! I love Miranda Hart too, she is a real inspiration to me.

My drink of choice is Rose wine and lemonade.

When I get bitten my horsefly's I swell up like a balloon and have to go to the hospital to have it drained. It's become a bit of a curse for music festivals and holidays, and my friends have started calling it the leg lurgy.

Now onto the questions...

1. Which TV/film character do you think you're most like and why?
I kind of answered this above, but definitely Miranda. Awkward, unlucky in love and a penchant for making up silly games to pass the time. Yup.

2.  Who is better? Take That with Robbie, or Take That without Robbie?
Take That without Robbie. I hate him and always have. Although I doubt my opinion matters to him, but I really wish he'd just stop making music (ooh harsh words).

3. What is your favourite food and why?
Chocolate. I didn't even need to think about this really. It's just the best. Need I say anymore?

4. If you had the chance to change your name to something else, which name would you choose?
My Grandma's name is May and I really like that name. I think its really pretty. I  love any old style names like that. So I'd probably change it to that. Or if that wasn't allowed, Consuela Bumcheek.

5. Sweet or savoury popcorn?
Can I say half & half. There is this healthy popcorn at work and its sweet and salty. So I'm greedy and having both. No, you can't stop me.

6. What is your favourite flower and why?
Roses. Preferably peach. But beggars can't be choosers. I just think they're simple and classic.

7. What is your favourite season of the year?
Winter. I love the cold, the clothes and snuggling up with special people (Or on your own!)

8.What was your favourite TV programme when you were a child?
Probably Arthur. It's still shown on BBC now and sometimes I may leave it on if I catch it at the right time.

9. Who is your most unlikely celeb crush? 
I think this means who I fancy but shouldn't. And if that's true it's Gordon Ramsay. He's a bad bad man. Bad man.

10. Strictly Come Dancing or X Factor?
Ohhh, none really! But if I have to choose I'd say Strictly. Although I have appeared on the X Factor (as a caller not a singer) I think Simon Cowell is a douchey doucher.

11. What are the 3 best things about your best friend?
Okay I'll choose my friend Lauren Faulkner for this. And the three best things about her are:
1. She has the best sense of humour ever and makes me belly laugh so much.
2. She makes friends so so easily and everyone always falls for her.
3. She's a proper beauty, inside and out!
Rightio well I've enjoyed this very much. If you would like to have a go consider yourself tagged and tell me if you've done it so I can have a good old nosey! 

What's your favourite piece of clothing?
What's your ideal first date?
Have you ever broken a bone and what if yes?
Have you ever been in love?
Why did you start blogging?
What can you cook or bake to perfection?
Who is your idol and why?
What is your favourite Spring '13 trend?
What is the one piece of make-up you cannot live without?
When you were little what did you want to be when you grew up?
Whats your favourite blog post you have ever written?

There we go. Thanks again to Gail for tagging me and enjoy the rest of your week lovelies!

Gem xo

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I also love The Five People You Meet in Heaven- great book- and for the record I think your skin always looks great. I was very surprised to read you don't wear foundation as it looks so flawless. I don't always wear it either. I've never liked sweet popcorn, but a friend forced me to try the Tyrrell's sweet n salty and I'll admit it was actually quite nice. Still a salty popcorn girl all the way, though! xx

    ReplyDelete