Thursday 11 April 2013

Cream of the Crop


I'm pretty sure I've already used this blog title once. But I couldn't think of another apt title that would show my love of cream blushers. Don't tell my mum this, because she thinks women only need 1 blusher (Oh the horror of having 1 blusher!) but I have 10 cream blushers. Who needs that many? Noone, is the correct answer. So I've managed to whittle my 10 to a top 4. I've not thrown any away as there maybe a day when I wear that bright orange one I picked up on a whim in Boots, when I thought I could channel Lady Gaga. Maybe not, but I would like to share my favourite wearable blushers with you now! Just to note, I like to use the Real Techniques Stippling blush to apply cream blushers, or fingers if I'm in a rush and just want to add a flush of colour to the apple of my cheeks.

1. Stila Convertible Colour in Poppy £16
So this was my first Stila Convertible colour, and I love these cream blushers. The colour range is great and the colour pay off is amazing. You need the tiniest bit to rouge your cheeks like the olden days and for this reason I can see it lasting the longest time. As you all know I have the rosiest cheeks ever, and this colour, whilst looking like it'd just exacerbate that crazy redness, is really natural on me. 

2. Collection 2000 Cream Duo in Peaches and Cream £4.19
This is the cheapest in my collection, and you can tell in it's consistency, and I mainly chose it because of the little highlighter product that comes with the blush. The peachy blush is a lovely pretty colour and looks perfect with the highlighter for a fresh dewy glow. It also looks lovely with a nude lip as well, for when I'm attempting the 'can you guess if I'm wearing make up?' game.

3. Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush in Pinched £7.99
This is another pretty peachy colour. I wanted to include this as, even though it's the same colour as the Cream Duo, it's a much easier consistency to work with. The colour easily blends into a bronzer if I ever wear one and it feels soft on the cheeks. The Cream Duo one is harder to blend and can look a little bit patchy if I'm not careful. To be honest it's the easiest to use in terms of consistency and I think I'll be reaching for this a lot more when the warmer weather comes.

4. Nars Cream Blush in Penny Lane £19.98
This was my first ever cream blush. And now I love them, all thanks to this little baby. I saw it on Lipsofacto and immediately fell in love with the natural colour. It's very much a highlighter and blusher in one, but can look lovely just as a highlighter on the cheekbones if I want a redder cheek. I think this works best on pale skin, as because it's a very light colour, it warms a pale skin tone. I definitely want to buy more Nars cheek products as they're very easy to use and last for ages.

So I hope that's been enjoyable to read, as I had quite a fair bit of fun writing it, and applying cream blushers! It's nearly time for the weekend too which is always a plus. 

Gem xo

No comments:

Post a Comment