Tuesday 28 May 2013

Birthday Dress

So today is my birthday. I've had a really lovely day with my parents. I went to Birmingham and I made a few cheeky purchases and finished the day with a good ol' Wagamamas courtesy of the bank of the parentals. But first I thought I'd share the dress I bought myself for my birthday. I bought it with mind of going out on a night out. I originally bought it thinking it was going to be a lot shorter, as ASOS Curve describe it as a t-shirt dress. Now I did size up as I wanted it a bit baggier, but I'm fairly tall. At 5ft 7/8 dresses are usually a tad short over the bum area and on my legs. But this dress is super long. As you can see it's much more like a midi dress. I was initially annoyed as I thought, great I'm going to have to alter it. But after trying it on, I really like this style and length of dress. It clings to me in all the right places. And I hate to use the word but it ends at a really flattering length just below my knees. I know I'll definitely be able to wear it in summer without tights as I dislike getting my thighs out. But yes, well done ASOS Curve your cock up has provided me with a perfect dress! I love the skull print, and the as you know I love a good grey marl! Anyway I paired it with my chelsea heeled boots, a must for a night out as the only heels I'll wear out now as they're the only ones I can walk in! And a chunky necklace. I must say I do think this dress suits me! I am looking forward to sharing my birthday purchases. Including a not so quiet orange Zara bag! Happy Birthday to me woohooo.
Dress - ASOS Curve
Necklace - Dorothy Perkins
Tights - M&S
Boots - ASOS

Gem xo


3 comments:

  1. lovely dress! all the best for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Happy Birthday, love the dress, it really looks good on you! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this dress looks fab on you ! happy belated birthday xx

    ReplyDelete