Wednesday 29 May 2013

Selfridges Summer Beauty Bazaar 2013

Last Thursday night I was lucky enough to go to the Summer beauty event at Selfridges in the Trafford Centre. My friends mum was going to pick up some bits so it turned into a girly night with lots of money spent and a well deserved Nandos. Now, the Selfridges beauty hall is hotter than the sun. So I usually can't spend more than five minutes in there without running for any air conditioned shop I can find, even if it is some properly chavvy shop. But with the offer of freebie products, free make overs and facials, snow cones, popcorn and smoothies, I had to stay until they were dragging us out. (Not really, spicy chicken was calling my name). I didn't really go in the home of getting anything but I picked up a fair bit, including some freebies! My first round of freebies were lots (about ten) of perfume testers which have found their way into my office drawer. Next up I found the Nars counter and with my ten pound off voucher I picked up my favourite base, their tinted moisturiser, and my first Nars Multiple. I opted for Orgasm as I thought the colour would be best for Summer and the highlighter would come in handy. I then headed to Chanel where I bought my first Chanel lipstick, obviously a classic red. I couldn't go wrong. I then picked up a Nails Inc colour, they're my favourite nail polish brand really, their polishes are so easy to use. This pale grey purple is perfect for the office. My last stop was Bobbi Brown. I've recently run out of erase paste and wanted to try a new concealer. I like potted concealers for some strange reason, and this comes with a little setting powder. Now onto more freebies I won some L'ancome toner in a lucky dip they had going on, but my friends mum won this cleanser. I jumped at the chance to swap as I have millions of un used toners as I always go back to the same ones. And I love a good cleanser, so that was amazing. She also kindly gave my some very pricy Creme de la Mer to try. So I feel proper posh upmarket slapping that on me face! It was a great girly evening, and would recommend it to anyone if they hear of one coming up in their area! 

Gem xo

No comments:

Post a Comment